Sunday, January 14, 2007

Yippee for me!

In direct contrast to my last post, I'm in a pretty good mood today. Sorry folks, that's how it is when you're dealing with a woman during that time of the month...Now I have to apologize to the women's movement that I just help set back by a year or so...but, its the truth.

I actually really enjoyed this morning's worship service. Which is funny because we had about 20 people with the combo of the weather and the Seahawks playing, but numbers have very little to do with worship. I felt good this morning, I enjoyed the songs that we sang - I especially enjoyed singing with my friends Kathryn and David - you guys are fun and we had some great moments this morning! I know that worship isn't about how good the singing is, but as a singer, when its good, it does help! Anyway, Mark preached well, there were no bloody fights in the foyer afterwords - not that there ever are. Progress on Mosaic, A Community Coffeehouse, is progressing in the basement - we even have the skeleton of a coffee bar built. I'm really excited about what is happening on our corner and I'm sad that I let myself get caught up in some trivial feelings that derailed me from seeing the big picture. Its the whole "forest for the trees things". Thank you to my friends who helped me get out of my blogging funk with their kind words....

Also, I wasn't going to say anything about this because I feel like I'm all talk and no action, but I've actually been on a diet consistently for one week...7 whole days. And, at last weigh in on Friday, I was down 6 pounds! I'm really excited and I don't feel like quitting, which is something. I feel really good, have detoxed from some "bad" things and am on my way down. Maybe I'll try to post each Sunday afternoon on my progress. Like I said, I don't want to be someone who's all talk, but maybe this will be some accountability....so, yippee for me!!

2 comments:

Red Letter girl said...

You rock on the weightloss! You're certainly my inspiration on this and SO many other things in life. Keep up the good work...and you're now famous since you know who commented on your blog! I'm so jealous ;-)

I'm going to have to switch sides of the couch because I'm sinking in the dent.

Anonymous said...

I have told you before that you and David are my favorite people to sing with! I love those moments as well and wish that we could keep going. Thank you for sharing in it with us! We love you!