Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Mark's in San Diego, Darn him

Mark is out of town...I don't like it when Mark is out of town. I don't do well by myself. Of course, I'm not by myself. Currently, Lora is climbing all over me singing. By now, on a normal day, Mark would be coming home to pick up the slack for me. He entertains the kids while I make dinner, or order pizza. But, today, he's at a conference in sunny San Diego. I'm trying to be happy for him...he called to tell me how beautiful is hotel room is, he talked about the view, the jetted bathtub, the warm weather. Of course, he said "Wish you were here". Again I'm trying to be happy for him. He doesn't get many opportunities like this.
The worst thing is that I don't do well staying by myself. I get scared at night. Its silly, I know. I'm almost 37 and I've never lived alone. I hear noises at night, sure someone is breaking in. Its good for me to have to be alone with the kids and get used to it. I hope and pray that I can sleep tonight...
I took Lora to school this morning and Will went with me, since Mark's gone. We dropped her off and went to the grocery store, we got back with about 30 minutes left in class. I was so proud of Will, he was so great with the little kids. Most of the kids in Lora's class have some sort of "issue" and he is great with them. He brought a toy over to one other boy and set it down in front of him and said, "See, this is how it works" and proceeded to show him what to do. He is growing up to be such a great kid. He's fun, funny and even kind when he wants to be.
One funny story, he's really into playing guessing games. He loves to make me guess what he wants for a snack or what he wants to play with. So, while my parents were here, we were playing cards and he came up to the table and said, "I have a game. Guess what's in my underwear....It has a hole, pee-pee comes out of it and its short." We died laughing, guessed the obvious answer and he went onto the next thing, "Guess what's in my sleeve...." Kids crack me up.

1 comment:

Red Letter girl said...

You should have told me and I would have stayed with you...

Besides, Timmy's house is first on the block - they'll hit him first - see no worries!