Monday, October 02, 2006

The Perfect Seattle Day

In direct opposition to my mood yesterday, I am in a pretty good mood today. A lot of that has to do with the fact that today was the perfect fall Seattle day...I love Seattle in the fall. I'm not really a hot weather girl so a day like today where it is clear and the temperature gets to about 63 is perfect for me.

I worked at Will's school today and we played outside for awhile. I just stood on top of the jungle gym, since that was my designated spot, and thought about nothing really. It was so beautiful and peaceful, even amidst the screaming and laughing of the kids, I just felt peaceful.

I want to go out and buy pumpkins to carve and apples to caramel and candy corn to eat. I've been thinking about Halloween costumes today. (I'm looking for a Dorothy costume for Lora and either a scarecrow or tin man for Will, then we thought Zoe could be Toto since she sort of looks like her anyway.) Just a good day....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i bought apples at the store.
they taste like fall.
yum!

TheologyMom said...

Washington apples are the best...

Red Letter girl said...

I put my Halloween decorations up. They look really cute.

I can't wait until All Hallow's Eve.

TheologyMom said...

I finally found Brach's candy corn today at Albertson's. I was so happy because i kept finding this fake crap!

Anonymous said...

If you want the best Fall taste - ask Joanna Cockle for a sip of her home-made freshly pressed apple cider..nothing could be finer...it is wonderful...just try and get a gallon from her...

Anonymous said...

I love the fall - we have been using our fireplace this week - AWE!!!

Red Letter girl said...

I tried to use my fireplace and smoked up the joint. I need to know which way the thing is supposed to point!