Thursday, February 07, 2008

Reason Number 547 why I Love Mosaic....

I'm working this morning at Mosaic and I know I wax on and on poetically about the many reasons why I love it here...and why because I love it so much I spend my Tuesday and Thursday mornings working even though that is literally the only 4.5 hours that I have per week without children....yes, I know I am a saint and I will have many jewels in my crown in heaven...HA!

Anyway, this morning a young mother came in with a baby in a stroller...it took her awhile to decide what she wanted but eventually she made her way up to the counter after everyone else was gone and said to me in a quiet voice..."If I order something today, can I pay for it tomorrow...my checking account is completely empty..." I said "Of course! What would you like?" And she proceeded to order her iced coconut latte and went on into Demitasse to play with her daughter. She looked just like I may have looked walking in with one of my kids, she probably wasn't homeless...but she didn't have any money and it didn't matter...and if she never comes back in and pays us...it doesn't matter....and that is reason #547 why I love Mosaic Coffeehouse....

No comments: