Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happy....

I've been in a really good mood the past few days...I'm not completely sure why. I'm generally a happy person, but I've been unusually happy. I think part of it has to do with the sense of control over myself and my life that I've been feeling recently. I've been working really hard at planning menus for the family and eating healthier...keeping my house clean using my card file system and working out on a more regulary basis and it does make a difference in how I feel.

It was funny because Monday was a snow day and we were all home because Mark takes Monday's off...I basically stayed in my pajamas all day, relaxed and sewed most of the day, which was fun on one level, but by the afternoon I found myself kind of irritable and frustrated by the end of the day and I think it was because the house was a mess and I hadn't accomplished anything other than being further on the bag I was making.

But since Tuesday I've felt lest frustrated and more patient and it seems weird because I've been busier and had less downtime but I've accomplished so much more and that has to be part of it...Jen at This Pile was talking about this awhile ago (I would insert a link here, but I don't really know how to do that)...its amazing what a little organization will do for you....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I live for organization. I am not saying I have it all the time, but I love the peace I have once I do have it!

- RED

Anonymous said...

I think it is because you realized what a beefy hunk of man you live with. You were overwhelmed at your good fortune.
mark

Red Letter girl said...

Or could it be the GI-NORMOUS tax return you'll be receiving? Too bad you have no friends willing to stay with your daughter/son while you go on a 10th anniversary jaunt!! :)

TheologyMom said...

Too bad most of the return is going to completly PAY OFF our credit cards...oh wait, that's a good thing...