Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back in the Swing of Things...

Today felt like vacation was really over. Although Will went back to school yesterday and we took down the Christmas decorations...Monday is normally our "day off" so we didn't do too much...Today, was a normal day though filled with taxing kids to school, working at Mosaic, doing laundry, thawing out chicken for dinner...back to the usual and that's okay. It was kind of fun, in fact.

I had fun working this morning at Mosaic and was reminded again, as I am every time I work, how much I love it there. A couple of my "mom" friends from Will's co-op class were in so we caught up...I love knowing people in the neighborhood and feeling like we are providing a great place for people to connect and get to know each other. I know, I sound like a broken record...but its a cool place.

Tonight, Red Letter Girl and I start Weight Watchers. I'm really excited. I've done it before, but not where I've gone to the meetings with someone else - I think it will really help me to have a friend to journey with. Well, and my husband too, but he's not coming to the meetings with us...someone has to watch the kids. I was inspired by RLG's blog about "Requiring More of Yourself" and feel like that should be my mantra for the year in a lot of areas of my life. Whether that's eating, exercising, not yelling at my kids, being more grateful, appreciating my husband more, being consistent with my housecleaning, keeping in better touch with my family, reading my Bible and praying more, having a better attitude, etc, etc, etc...the list could go on, but its an easy thing to remind myself of..."In this situation how can I require more of myself in order to be the person that God created me to be?" I think I'm doing okay but I think I could do better. Here's to RMOY in 2008!

1 comment:

Red Letter girl said...

It really is a forgiving mantra...as it allows for the requirement...yet for picking up, dusting off and saying YES, I'm going to do WW again!

I'm up to 15 points today and must admit I'm kinda hungry. But just knowing you're holding me accountable is all the inspiration I need!