Wednesday, September 05, 2007

One Day Down...10,000,000 to go...


So, Will made it through his first day at school. He did fine, there were no tears or grabbing to hold on...Will didn't cry either. When I went to pick him up, Miss Lucy said that he had some transition issues after the morning recess. He didn't want to go back to his Spanish class, he wanted to go to the English class. So, she very nicely just said if we could go over with him his schedule so he understood. I asked her if these type of "transition issues" are typical, and she said "they can be"...which I took to mean, not usually...so I stressed about it all the way home...


So, after talking with Will about his day, I got to the bottom of the "transition issues"...His good friend Paya is in the other class, they all play together at recess and so after recess, Will simply wanted to stay with Paya. It had nothing to do with not wanting to be in Spanish class, he just wanted to stay with his buddy, which I understand...he they proceeded to tell Mark and I, "When I talked to the principal, I told him I wanted to learn Japanese and he told me that I can come to his house and he'll teach me Japanese"...to which I screeched "You got sent to the principal's office!?!?" Come to find out they took a "field trip" to meet the principal, so I picked myself off the floor and realized that Miss Lucy would have told me if his "transition issues" had escalated to the point to merit a trip to the principal's office. So, thankfully, he hasn't been sent to the office YET.


Mark talked with him extensively tonight about how he and Paya can play together at recess and he can play with Paya after school, but he is in Spanish class and Paya is in Japanese so they can't be in class together and he needs to make things easier on his teachers and just go where they tell him...to which he answered, "I know dad..." Here's to an easier "transition" day tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute picture!
I like your outfit too!!
Thanks for keeping me posted on Will's first days of Kindergarten! Jenna is a year behind him, and I am already rather worried. It helps to hear from someone who's been there!!
Robyn