Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Kindergarten...

So, Will starts Kindergarten tomorrow morning. Its so weird, I really can't believe it. I've been really not nervous or weepy about it at all, which is also weird. Maybe because I don't feel like its really happening, the emotion hasn't hit me yet. I really felt like Will was doing great too. In fact, he's seemed almost oblivious to it all.

But, tonight he asked Mark if kids get scared at kindergarten, if their parents can stay with them...or if they get scared during the day, if the teacher will call their parents to come and get them. Then he asked Mark what he does if he falls and cuts his leg...does he go to the school nurse or just to his teacher. And he also told Mark that he wished he was taking Japanese so he could be with his friend Paya. So, it makes me think that he has been thinking about things more than he's let on.

I just keep telling myself that all the other kids there are new to school too and that his teachers have all been teaching for 15 years and they seemed really nice. One weird thing is that he starts with Spanish tomorrow morning and for the first half of his day, he hears no English from his teachers...so that could be interesting...I really feel like he'll be fine, its just a weird thing to drop him off at 9:10 and not pick him up until 3:20...he's going to have his first school lunch tomorrow, his first recess with "big" kids...he's such a great kid and I hope he has a great first day...I'm really hoping and praying that all goes well...I'll keep you posted!

No comments: