Monday, September 17, 2007

Made in China

So, my parents were here last week for a couple of days. It was fun to see them, have them see us and have them check out Mosaic which they hadn't seen completed yet. It was fun on Friday because Mosaic was really busy in the morning, packed with mom and their kids all playing in Demitasse and actually spilling out into the Den and the main room....my dad looked at me at one point and said, "The most amazing thing about this is that none of these people are directly connected to your church..." It was fun.



We went shopping on Thursday and we decided to stop by Old Navy. I was commenting to my mom, in Lora's presence, about the clothes I recently ordered for her on-line. I was amazed by how many different countries the clothes were made in. From Egypt to Taiwan to Indonesia...and I commented that the sweater Lora had on was made in China.



So, three days later....Heidi, Lora and I are sitting outside my in-laws house helping with a garage sale. Lora has on the same sweater and Heidi asks her if her mommy made her sweater, to which Lora responds, "No, China made it"



It amazes me how much she picks up and listens and overhears and remembers...she is so funny and smart. Tomorrow she starts pre-school...the first one that I will leave her at for at least 2 days a week. I'm excited for her and think that she will have a great time...I just hope the other "typical" kids can keep up with her!

No comments: