Tuesday, March 06, 2007

She's Growing Up


I realize that I've written a lot of posts about my daughter recently, but she's kind of at a pivotal point in her life. I know, she's just turning three, but three can be pivotal. Tomorrow is her last day at school....she has had the same teacher since she was 6 months old and tomorrow is her last day with Mary Ellen. Which is sad in itself, but another subject for another day.


Lora turns 3 on Thursday! I can't believe it! We just walked Will to school and stopped at Starbucks on our way home and she sat with me at a table, drinking her hot cocoa and eating her cookie chatting with me and dancing to the music in the background. I cannot explain to you what a delight she is in my life...both of my children are, but this week is about Lora - Thankfully Will can't read yet! Anyway, I remember holding her at 3AM the night that we got her diagnosis, crying...praying....wondering what life was going to look like...I kept getting this picture of this sad little girl sitting in a corner, quiet, bored....Very quickly, from God, I believe, this sense of peace washed over me and I felt God saying to me, "At three months old, if she is not happy or is hungry or even happy, she lets you know....why would it be any different at three..." But I still wasn't sure what life would look like. But, as I sat with her today at Starbucks talking about the green straws in our drinks and the yummy cookie she was eating and what color cupcakes she wants for her birthday party (pink by the way)...I felt God say to me..."See what I mean?"


Happy birthday Lora....you are a blessing beyond anything I could have ever imagined...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christa,
What a beautiful blog message. You have my crying right here in my office. Lora certainly is such a blessing to everyone that knows her. I truly believe that God has great things in store for her life. She already adds such joy to everyone who has her as part of their lives, and that is only going to increase as she gets bigger and can truly understand who to be a light for Christ. Thanks for sharing your sweet bundle with all of us. Love you guys!