Monday, February 26, 2007

Too Smart for Her Own Good....


Sorry, I haven't posted for awhile...don't know what my problem has been. I've been really busy sort of, actually just lazy I think. We heard from the Seattle School District today that Lora does not qualify for Developmental Preschool. This is both a blessing and a curse. I'm very excited that she is not delayed in any areas despite her vision impairment...She will always qualify for vision services and that will begin after her birthday...but, this also knocks her out of qualifying for the Experimental Education Unit at the UofW and that was where we really wanted her to go in the fall....So, I had a mini-breakdown on the phone today with the person at the school district. We have been looking forward to Lora getting into this program and I just sort of had it set in my mind that she would be there next year. So, we start over. We're in that weird place that a lot of middle classers are in...we make too much to qualify for very much help, but not quite enough to pay the incredible preschool prices in our city.


I'm actually considering trying to get her into Co-op for next year. You all know how much I love co-op. But I love Will's teacher and she would be Lora's next year. I talked with her today and she felt like Lora would do great at the co-op next year. This was a switch, because previously when I talked with her, she was not excited about Lora coming there. That was before she had spent any time with Lora, now she seems fine with it. The nice thing is that we know we can afford it. It means committment from me again, but I think I can handle it. Now we just have to get from the waiting list to the class. If this doesn't work out, I have no idea what we will do....she's just too smart for her own good!


On the diet front, I've now lost 21 pounds and 16.5 inches! So that is exciting. I made it through my 37th birthday without doing too much damage. So, onward and downward...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope the co-op thing works out...so would that mean that the kids would have the same school schedule? that would be nice.
congrats on the weight loss! sounds like you guys are doing great!

Red Letter girl said...

I am so glad to know her...and soon she'll be smart AND three!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Christa!!!
Robyn