Thursday, March 08, 2007

Lora Glaphre Woodward

She was born at 8:40pm....after only 6 hours of induced labor, with an epidural for at least 3 of those hours...her father was the first human to touch her. The midwife looked at him and said "Do you want to catch her?" So he did. He wasn't into the whole "cord cutting" thing, but catch her he did. They put her on my stomach, she cried a little, of course she was beautiful. Dark black hair, perfect features, little eyes, tightly shut....She weighed a perfect 7 lbs 7 oz...not too big, not too small. She was perfect.

And she still is, in my estimation. She is funny, smart, beautiful, loving. This morning, I told her "Happy Birthday!" to which she replied, "Happy Birthday to me? To me? Lora Glaphre Woodward?" I said, "Yes, Happy Birthday to you!" and she said "Oh thank you mommy...thank you for saying Happy Birthday!"

So, again, I say....Happy Birthday Lora Glaphre Woodward!

No comments: