Friday, July 13, 2007

A Visit from an Old Friend.....

I'm sitting here, waiting for a visit from an old friend. I haven't seen Christy in close to ten years, but we were best friends all through high school. Its funny how you can have someone who is so integral to your life for a good 8 years or so and then, not talk to them for literally 10. Maybe I'm unique in that defect...but I'm horrible about keeping in contact with friends who live far away. We were inseperable in high school, kept in contact through college (even though she went to SPU and I headed to NNU), I was a bridesmaid in her wedding....then there is a huge chasm. I think I visited her in her new apartment after she was married a couple of times and then nothing.

I actually started thinking about her a couple of years ago and "googled" her, I sort of kept track of her through mutual friends...I knew she and her husband had moved to Illinois...tried to find an e-mail address and then, out of the blue, got a Christmas card from her. She had heard that we were pastoring at SFC so she sent the card to the church. So, we e-mailed a couple of times but haven't talked or seen each other....I'm excited...

I wonder if we will still have any connection? Me with my peanut butter smudged shirt, not quite done hair, kids in tow....I'm hoping that we will pick up where we left off, like no time has passed...Who knows? But I'm really excited to see her!

No comments: