Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Will's Backyard Party

Yes, I know, I'm a blogging loser. I'm sure the masses have stopped even checking my blog to see if I've added anything new....Hopefully I can gain my huge readership back....Life has been crazy recently. With Summer, kids, Mosaic, church, life...I have felt no energy for updating.

So, Will turns 5 this week! I can hardly believe it...in some ways I feel like he's still a 3 year old, but in other ways he seems so old to me. He starts Kindergarten next week, which is also so weird. Yes, I know, he's just turning 5 and we aren't holding him back a year, we're starting him in school this year. We may be stupid - so you don't have to tell us we are - I just can't imagine having him home another year...He didn't seem any less mature than any of the other kids at preschool and we think he's ready...you can tell us "I told you so" later when he's in "Super Kindergarten" next year...(that is a King of Queens reference, if you don't recognize it)

We had a Backyard party yesterday with Will and his friend Paya who turned 5 on the 20th. It was fun to plan and put the party together with my friend Nooshin. It was her first birthday party that she had even attended in America, so it was fun to explain all of the things that are expected...like goodie bags - which are kind of a weird concept. We had a great day in our yard with 13-15 kids and parents beside...I think everyone had fun and Will and Paya had a great time being the center of attention...It was great for me to see that a simple party with popcorn, chips, fruit, cupcakes and lemonade in our backyard can be just as fun to the kids as renting out some big space or taking them all to Chuckie Cheese...the kids don't care, they just want to be together playing and running around...it was great! Happy Birthday to Will! I love you!

3 comments:

Red Letter girl said...

I love the Super Kindergarten reference...it's kind of like the "football" camp they sent him too.

Willhelm will do wonderfully in K. He is smart as a whip and socially well advanced. I know, I work at a school.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun day! do you have pictures from the party? i would love to see them!

Anonymous said...

THE World According to is back!! YEE HAW! And yes, I do check your blog all the time. What else is there to do at work?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILL!!!!! I am so glad that you have these special people in your life to celebrate with.

And we love your kids! Thank you for sharing them both with us - for those that are "parents without kids" - they are a blessing to be around.