Saturday, July 07, 2007

Live Earth

I've been watching the Live Earth concert this evening. I have to admit that I'm a star struck, music junkie and seeing all of these acts together excites me deeply. Mark thinks I'm a complete weirdo, but I got so excited to see Duran Duran, the Police, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and right now, Lenny Kraviz is rocking the house. Mark got slightly excited by Pink Floyd...its amazing to me. It so reminds me of Live Aid...yes, I am old.



I started to write this big paragraph about where is the church in this...like during Live Aid, I wondered the same thing. But that promotes such an "us and them" mentality...its incredible how little it takes to make a difference in our environment and we need to start doing something - especially those of us in the church who are very slow when it comes to the environment.



But, mostly, tonight, I'm amazed by how many freakin' great musicians there are in the world...I mean, someone like Ant from the Chili Peppers is this weird, freaky little guy who sometimes goes on stage naked, looking like an idiot...but he is really an incredible bass player....



Switch to energy efficent lightbulbs and unplug your phone chargers when you're not using them! That's not too hard.....

No comments: