Thursday, June 29, 2006

525,600 Minutes

Yes, obviously, I watched Rent last night...I've never seen it before, shocking I know. I loved it. It is about a life very different from mine, or is it? Its about community, a community that loves each other and cares for each other no matter what. Its about a year in the character's lives and what transpires in that year.

One of the themes of the musical is "No Day But Today". I think its great to remember that we really only have today. We tend to get se bogged down in our past or so worried about our future that we miss today, this moment. I find myself, with two small children always living for bedtime or naptime instead of enjoying each moment I have with my children. My husband and I say, "won't it be fun when both of the kids are in school..." instead of enjoying today with all of its joy and sorrow....

So I leave you all with this....

"525,600 minutes, 525,600 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year? In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee. In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?How about love? How about love? How about love? Measure in love.Seasons of love.

525,600 minutes! 525,000 journeys to plan. 525,600 minutes - how can you measure the life of a woman or man? In truths that she learned, or in times that he cried. In bridges he burned, or the way that she died. It's time now to sing out, tho the story never ends let's celebrate remember a year in the life of friends. Remember the love! Remember the love! Remember the love! Measure in love. Seasons of love! Seasons of love." Seasons of Love - Rent

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY - You are a Renthead. I have been telling you! We have the cd's too and can't stop listening to them. I have to say that when we had our meeting with the Greenbean the song that kept going through my head was the "dignity" song. Will I loose my dignity, will someone care? Makes you really consider what it means to be in community!

Red Letter girl said...

I'm so out of the loop...that's what I get for reading the BIBLE

;-)

TheologyMom said...

I want to get the soundtrack, I just loved the music. The "dignity" song was one of my favorite too....just loved it all.

Anonymous said...

526,600 minutes - are you ever going to come home?????? We miss you.

Carrie said...

Yeah RENT is amazing. They shame us (Christians) and challenge me at the same time by the way that they love and take care of each other. That is the type of community that we need to offer to people. Miss you Christa!