Thursday, July 13, 2006

I'm Back....Again

I just returned from a 10 day vacation in Colorado with my husband, my kids, my parents, my brother, his wife, their four kids and one miniature schnauzer....I know, sounds like a huge menagarie, and it was but it was also fun. We stayed in a beautiful house, overlooking picturesque Breckenridge. We played games, rode on alpine slides, bounced in bouncy houses, watched movies and ate good food. It was a lot of fun.

One of my favorite things that we did was a throw back to my childhood...we went to the world's largest natural hot springs swimming pool in Glenwood Springs. I grew up swimming in this pool and I love it. It is one of my favorite places in the world. Actually, my mom grew up going there, they passed it on to my brother and I and now we've passed it on to our kids. Sorry Debbie, you're wrong, its a beautiful place. :)

To get to the city of Glenwood Springs, you have to travel through this beautiful canyon, there are huge rocks on either side of the car with hidden waterfalls and wonderful colors. I used to call it the "block-long pool" when I was a kid because its huge. I have tons of memories from this place with my grandparents, parents and brother. From my first ride on a waterslide to Dad almost needing stitches from the same slide to "petunias" and just swimming until I was one big prune. It was fun to see my kids doing the same things that I did as a kid....They swam and swam and swam, they rode on their first waterslides, and even got a little sunburned and they loved every minute of it. We had to drag them out of there kicking and screaming and Will said he wanted to stay forever. Its just nice when a memory from your childhood turns out to be just as great as an adult.....

Thanks Mom and Dad for the great vacation! It was fantastic!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you had a good time! You both so deserved the time away to be with family and relax. But selfishly, I am so happy that you are home! We missed you guys.

Anonymous said...

So your back again, but not posting? What is that about?

Red Letter girl said...

We want Theology Mom...we want Theology Mom...

Carrie said...

Yeah NOTHING could EVER compare with my Wallingford Crib. NOTHING :) uhhh, I sort of hate thinking about you guys because it makes me miss you a lot! That's a good thing!