Thursday, June 22, 2006

Its Just Hair

I'm thinking about compromise today. I've been married for 8 years to a wonderful man. He is patient and kind, funny and sweet, he is a great father...etc, etc, etc. We really only have one disagreement that comes up often, that subject is....my hair. I like my hair long, he likes it short. I know, I should be thankful that he likes it short because most men are obsessed with long hair. Short hair is easier to take care of, I'm sure its better for the environment or something, less product used.

In all fairness to my husband, I have worn my hair in a ponytail for the last 7 days straight. I tend to do that, so I can sort of see his point. Anyway, I have a haircut scheduled today at 2:00 so the delimma becomes, do I compromise and cut my hair short to please my husband OR do I leave it long, just get a little trim and continue down my ponytailed pathway???

I'm leaning towards compromise...because it is summertime and its getting hotter and a new style would be nice....but as my family can attest, I am just rebellious enough to not want to do it just because I know he wants me to...Isn't that mature? In all honesty I actually like my hair both ways so I don't know what I'm dragging my feet about. We'll see and I'll let you know tomorrow if my better nature wins out. Its just hair.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean...sometimes I will refuse to do something just because someone (especially my husband) wants me to do it, even though I couldn't care less either way. I think that as long as someone isn't demanding or requiring that you do something and you don't care either way, why not go for it and try it? Like you said, it's just hair...and hair can grow back :-)

TheologyMom said...

Yeah, and I must admit, I've had it short before...I've just been in a long phase for awhile. I'm going to go for it, I think. Of course, I just showed my husband three choices and the one I liked the best, he liked the least.

Red Letter girl said...

Red Letter Girl says:

JUST DO IT!

Anonymous said...

Ok coming from me, a person who's only physical trait that she loves, her hair, IT IS NOT JUST HAIR!!!!

Like I said, the only thing I like about me physically is my hair, so I tend to treat it very carefully, but usually when I am so skidish about something, everyone else likes it, or at least they are being polite.

GO FOR IT!

Anonymous said...

You know what my opinion is, I'm sure! I think we have had a similar past to what you are expriencing with your husband now.

Anonymous said...

Theology Mom you are a good writer. Have you read a lot in your life?

TheologyMom said...

Just so you all know...I did cut my hair and I'm really happy I did!