Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bring Me Your Plastic Bags...


So, in honor of Earth Day yesterday, I made a tote bag...a couple of months ago, at the doctor's office, I saw a lady knitting an interesting project...so, being a knitter, I asked her about it. She was knitting with strips of plastic made from her plastic grocery bags. So, I looked up a pattern on-line. I decided that, for some reason, crocheting with plastic seemed easier than knitting so I picked a crochet pattern and made a bag. The picture I've posted is not the one I made, its another pattern I found today that I like even better and will try to make next, but it gives you an idea...I was amazed by how strong the bag is, it would make a great Farmer's Market bag or grocery bag.


So, this is a plea for you to bring me your bags...I would love to make a reusable bag for you, if you want one....or I was thinking I could try to sell them on Etsy and give all the money to Kiva or something like that....I also think it would be fun to do a class at Mosaic on how to make your own...anyway DON'T throw away any more plastic bags, give them to me!!!


As Will said to me today "Mommy every day should be Earth Day!"

3 comments:

Red Letter girl said...

What a great idea! I love it!

Hillary said...

I am bringing my bags tomorrow!

MrsKimF said...

i would love to see these on etsy!