Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I Fired My Housecleaner...Boy am I Tired

Well, I didn't so much as fire her as I canceled her. Out of the kindness of her heart, my mom has paid for a housecleaner for me twice a month for the last three years...one of the benefits of having a blind daughter. But, after three years...and now that Will is in school I talked to my mom and told her that I thought I could handle the cleaning now. So, I said "Adios" to Alicia and took over my house.

So, I started this system called "Sidetracked Home Executive". Its this book my mom read back in the 70's and she sent it to me..you organize your whole house on 3X5 cards, splitting up each room and each task into Daily, Weekly, Monthly, etc tasks so that everything gets done..Then you decide which days you want to do things...like for me Sunday is Meal Planning/Grocery List day...Monday is Grocery Shopping...Tuesday Laundry...Wednesday I clean the Upstairs....Thursday is a day off...Friday I clean downstairs and Saturday I do laundry again. It sounds like a lot but with it all broken up, it makes it much easier.

To add to my stress, Lora is wearing panties...and peeing on the floor mostly. She did really well the first day, so I thought "This will be easy"....she tricked me and since then has not peed once on the potty. But, I'm not giving up...she must be trained. Even if it kills both of us....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry - I so feel your pain. I have been trying to justify for years as to why I need someone to clean our 1 bedroom apt!

Anonymous said...

and let me say our house looks fantastic - and everything is so clean - and you are working so hard and making dinner, and "other" things - I rise up and call you blessed!

Anonymous said...

And just think of all the exercise you are getting! Your mother