Sunday, September 10, 2006

Stress has a new name....Co-op

I'm stressed today....in fact, so stressed that my chest sort of hurts. Is that bad? Last week on Wednesday I went to Co-op to help clean the classroom and was rooked into being Secretary of the co-op board. At least I'm not scrapbooker anymore which is good since the zoom on our digital camera is broken. ANYWAY, then on Thursday we took Will to meet his new teacher, who he loves. Then, on Friday I went to North Seattle Community College for two hours to learn how to be the secretary of the Co-op board. I mainly learned that most of these moms are way more serious about co-op than I am; strangly most of them didn't pick it because its cheaper than any other preschool I've ever heard of; and that I know nothing about co-op or how to be the co-op board secretary. I left feeling a little overwhelmed but a little more informed to.

Then, I got home to an e-mail from the co-op reminding us about getting our TB test done, turning in Will's immunization record, getting together his earthquake preparedness kit together and filling out two other forms that we haven't done yet. SO, tomorrow morning at 8:00 I am running up to the Community Health Department to have my TB test done, coming home to get Lora ready for school, Mark and Will are going to drop us off at school and run to Group Health to get a copy of his immunization records. (We seriously considered filling out the part on the form that says that we didn't have him immunized because of religious reasons, but figured since he's already gone through the pain he may as well get credit). Then, Mark will pick us up at noon and I have to be at Will's school by 1:15 for orientation. This is orientation for me, to learn how to be a parent volunteer in the class.

Then, on Tuesday night we have another orientation from 7:00-9:30 for which I just found out I'm supposed to bring snacks and speak on three topics as secretary...two of which I know nothing about at this point, plus take minutes at the meeting.....This is after I've made soup for 12-15 people for our Bible Study on Tuesday morning...Then, finally, Will gets to start school on Wednesday afternoon and I'm not sure, but I think I have to volunteer in his class on that day, even though Monday is normally my day.

I just needed to write that all out and complain about it a little bit. Mark keeps telling me not to stress but I want to punch him every time he says that. I think I have anger issues. I'm sure its no different than anyone else's life but right now, I'm a little overwhelmed but the chest pains have stopped....that's good, right?

4 comments:

Red Letter girl said...

My mom dropped my off at pre-school and didn't look back. I'm sure she went to a seedy bar and sucked down martini's while I agonized.
I had my Raggedy Ann pillow for nap time (with my name on it & I still have it!) and my blankie. I remember crying every time they made me lay down or drink milk.
Can't you find a seedy bar and suck down martini's?? I honestly thought that is what preschool was about...but apparently I am mistaken!!

Anonymous said...

I have a hint for you that may help with time: Go to cash and carry and buy a bag of their already made soups. All you have to do is put it in a crock pot and let it go. There are big bags that will feed the whole crowd for under 10.00 and they are really good. My favorite is the corn chowder. Just a thought to help with all you have to do.

Anonymous said...

I never got to go to pre-school and now I think it is because my mom couldn't handle all the pressure. Sounds like the Co-op is going to add more work to your life rather than giving you some time alone with Will makes new friends at school. Sorry. Let me know if you need help or something.. not that I have much to offer, but if you think of something...let me know.

Anonymous said...

dang! i am too busy...you guys are like slavedrivers!
but i guess i don't mind doing it.
(especially if pizza is involved)
:o)
I was explaining to Lora where you were last night and I told her you were the secretary for Will's school. She said, "Setetawy?"
Or something like that. Tell her to say secretary, it's super cute!