Friday, August 25, 2006

Being Vegetarian, not so much...

I was a vegetarian for two days this week. I went on a Detox diet. I cut out meat, sugar, coffee, refined flour and just about everything else except fruit, veggies, beans, milk, yogurt, a few grains and water. I added coffee back on the second day...I added meat back on the third, lean meat mind you, but meat nontheless. I was supposed to make it nine days! I'm such a wimp, but I have lost 9 pounds since Tuesday. I felt so tired and cranky and headachy. That could have been the caffeine...but I feel better now. I'm still eating really healthy, but having a little meat with dinner. I think its hard to be vegetarian if you don't like tofu and I don't like tofu.

I remember when I was in high school, on one of my many diets, my mom bought tofu and brought it home. She told me that it takes on the flavor of whatever you put with it. As if! She made me a strawberry milkshake with tofu in it, I could totally taste it...I think we may have even tried it in lasagna...gross. I don't care what anyone says, it has a weird taste and texture that I just can't get over. Mind you, I have many weird food issues but I just can't do it. So I don't. As such, I will probably never be vegetarian, that and the love of red meat thing......

On another note, I'm reading "The Nanny Diaries" and really like it. It is a fun brainless read. Just recently, I read "The Secret Life of Bees". That is a really good book too, I highly recommend it.

I'm going to try to post every day so, they may become more and more random, just a warning!

No comments: