Sunday, July 06, 2008

Connecting...

I joined Facebook awhile back...its been fun because through it I've reconnected with a lot of different people from different parts of my life. I've talked with high school friends, college friends, even someone I worked with ten or so years ago. Its fun...its nice to catch up, see pictures of kids grown up, friends who look the same with maybe a few extra pounds (in my case) or some new wrinkles...some look exactly the same - I hate those people...

Its all relatively "surface" though...you are unable to have a really deep conversation - there is no sitting across from each other over a cup of coffee to really look into each other eyes and see how the years have really changed us all. Its funny because one of my reconnections actually asked me if I wanted to meet for coffee and it made me a little nervous - to go deeper with a person, to really meet face to face - extra fat and all - is a little scary...I'm not good at keeping in contact with people once our paths go in different directions - even people in my own family, just ask my brother...

Its funny because through Facebook and then talking with classmates about our 20 year High School reunion coming up this year, it has made me think about other people that I've lost contact with...Charisse, Jill, Jason, David, Jon, Heidi, Lisa...the list goes on. I decide to search for them on Facebook to see if we can reconnect - I tell myself, "I need to be a better friend and sister"...but then life gets busy and the weeks pass...maybe I should go call my brother...

2 comments:

MrsKimF said...

if it helps any, my blog name could really be "chubby in nampa" =-) i'm looking forward to hopefully seeing you at mosaic when i come to town next week...i think i'll place my bag order before i come and i could pick it up at mosaic? anyway, love your blog(s)!

Anonymous said...

oooh, i'm so curious about who all you have "reconnected" with!! hope you guys are having a good summer! love robyn