Friday, May 04, 2007

New Friends

The kids and I made some new friends this week...two different play-dates with two different families...it was fun. Its fun to meet and get to know new people. I love people - their stories, their histories, the way we're the same, the way we're different. Its been fun this past year, since Will's been in pre-school to meet more people with kids. Before this year, we didn't do things like playdates very often...I didn't have that many friends with young children. I have to confess that my home-body self had a hard time at first - getting out there and making "dates" with people. I'm still not good at initiating them....its just too easy for me to have a day like today where we're all still in our jammies, watching Blue's Clues. But, I realize its good for the kids and great for me to make new friends...

So, thank you to Jen, Ruthie, Thomas, Meg, Eowyn and Coco for making our week more fun...and for being new friends!

4 comments:

Megs said...

Thank YOU, Christa & Lora!!

I'm delighted to see you like Chaim Potok - he is one of my very favourite authors!!!!

Cheers!
Meg

Red Letter girl said...

Make new friends...but keep the old
One is silver and the other gold!:)

Megs said...

Hey Christa! I've lost your phone number and we'll be in Wallingford today, so hopefully we'll get to see you!!! Cheers, Meg

Anonymous said...

Your old friends are waiting for your words of wisdom.... :)